Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Holding Pattern!

We are in the holding pattern of anticipation.
In our culture today, there isn't much we can't predict or plan for.
One exception... Babies.
Yesterday, I started contractions that lasted for 2 hours and then everything came to a sudden halt.  There's been no other signs of labor and so today we prepare as if it could happen at any moment.  I'm ready.  My girls are ready.  My babe is desperately trying to escape... she's ready.  Hubby is almost ready.  Now, we wait.
Waiting requires patience.  I'm not so good at P*A*T*I*E*N*C*E.
Sometimes anxiety and frustration can take over.
I refuse to let them in.
The JOY of anticipation is what fills me.


We can't wait to hold you sweet little one!

4 comments:

Doris said...

Opa and Oma are ready, too! Can't wait to meet another sweet grand child! Meanwhile we wait and are ready to help in any way we can!

Shawna said...

My prayers for you are increasing after reading this post!! I keep counting the days, and hoping it's sooner than I'm counting!!

Diane Smid said...

So excited!!!!
Praying for you Sharla

Celebrate Life said...

She looks super cute and cozy in there!!!!