Friday, July 27, 2012

First Swim Lessons!

Wow! THREE weeks of lessons! Let me explain...  Week 1 - started with excitement and ended with CC crying in my arms for half the lesson 
The Conundrum... What to do? Press on? Take a break? Try again next year?

(Day 1) 
After speaking with friends (thank you, friends), we decided to press on.  So, with HUGE (almost kicking and screaming) reluctance on CC's part (and a little uncertainty of my own) we started Week 2!  Graci and I took a lesson together at the same time and she, in contrast, LOVED it!

These photos were all taken Week 3!  What a change!!!
Her hair is actually wet!  :)
AND she's wearing a big grin!  SO PROUD of her for facing her fear and pushing forward! WOW I LOVE THAT GIRL!  (I admit to tears welling)

Thanks to both Ruth and Diane who went to class with Graci so that I could watch CC take on the waters!  You're both awesome! Love you!

2 comments:

Shawna said...

Praying for a sunny day today for CC to show off her swimming talents at the birthday party!

Jesse and Doris Frank said...

So proud of you Coco and Graci! Next time I come I want to see you swim!