Saturday, June 13, 2009

Sadly....




...we will not be bringing home a baby in December.  Yesterday, at 15+ weeks, we went for an ultrasound and were shocked to find that our little one did not have a heartbeat.  Hopes and dreams have been destroyed.  It's truly heartbreaking and I feel as though my world has come to a stop, yet everyone else is rushing on.  I have so many questions and cannot begin to bring meaning to even one.  I am lonely and lost.  Yet, somehow I know You are near.  I Believe.

Blessed be Your name
When the sun's shining down on me
When the world's 'all as it should be'
Blessed be Your name

Blessed be Your name
On the road marked with suffering
When there's pain in the offering
Blessed be Your name

Every blessing You pour out
I'll turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say

Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your name.

10 comments:

Jesse and Doris Frank said...

Dad and I love you all SO much!

Sandcastle--the unreliable blogger said...

Dan and I will be thinking of you and Ben and Chiara.

Anonymous said...

Praying for you and Ben - love you, Julia

A girl named Jocelyn said...

Praying for you all as you walk this road.

John & Vivian Wilcox said...

Dad & I love you, Ben, Sharla & Chiara. The Lord's plan is beyond understanding, but He is LOVE.

Anonymous said...

Lots of love and prayers! Fred and Chandra

Sandee Shuman said...

So sorry to hear about your little one. I'm praying for you, Ben and Sharla.......

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Josh and I will be thinking and praying lots for your family! God has a plan! Love you all!

Leanne Hamer-Cabral said...

Sharla,
Just wanted you to know how sad I am for you and this loss, and that I am thinking about you and praying for you and your family.

I went through something very similar last year. We were thrilled to be able to celebrate new life, even if it was only for a few weeks and we eagerly anticipate meeting baby #5 one day :)

May God give you peace and comfort and may He grant you the desires of your heart!

love,
Leanne